Sunday, September 6, 2009

Such A Beautifully Hard Life

It has been WAAAAY too long.
No need for poorly-thought-of excuses,
just a brief explanation of everything going on with me personally.

If this blog is going to benefit anyone, I have to get real with everyone.

School hasn't been too bad. I'm successfully getting back into the swing of things, regardless of the busyness. Katie is off to Baylor and loving it, and our love is just as strong as ever, and even growing so much more to be honest, but yes it is hard sometimes, especially with circumstances I don't really agree with. This is out of our control, nonetheless.
A big factor of frustration has been thing dang computer. From not being able to get on facebook, to not letting me do basically anything on the internet, has been ROUGH.

now, the reason why I'm choosing to being so up-front with this post is to open up.
I want everyone who comes across this blog to break down the walls of 'no, everything's fine, i promise!' knowing good and well that the weight of the world is on their shoulders.

Let's do what God has called us to do.
Be strong, finish strong.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” 1 Corinthians 9:24 (NIV)



Hebrews 12:1, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” (NIV)

Acts 20:24, “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.” (NIV)

Philippians 3:14, “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (NIV)

It's probably the hardest thing you've ever had to do-staying strong and growing in your faith with all your heart, mind, and soul- but who better to do it than us? WE ARE THE REDEEMED, and nothing can stop us with Christ.


peace and love,
matt

No comments:

Post a Comment